2016 BTWC Gala & Class Reunions raised over $50,000 for the School of Medicine and over $25,000 for The Free Medical Clinic!
- BTWC Gala Tickets – Please pay at the door or purchase online
- To make a gala gift ONLY, please call the Alumni Office at 803-216-3303/3309
- Online auction now open – register and bid now!
BTWC Gala Planning Committee – Class of 2016
Front Row: Alex Wagner, Russ Edwards, Will Burns, Sarah Cain, Dean Les Hall, Ashley Evens,
Greg Hand, Harrison Smith
Back Row: Sean Battle, Jembber Robinson, Drew Mather, Nick Jones, Kyle Schmidt, Rishi Patel
Photo Booth Fun!
2017 Black Tie/White Coat Gala and Class Reunion Weekend
NEW GALA LOCATION! USC’s My Carolina Alumni Center
- Parking: Enter garage from Park Street – My Carolina Alumni Center entrance on second level (follow My Carolina signs to the entrance).
2017 Annual Black Tie/White Coat Gala Weekend
Friday March 3rd
Alumni Association Board Meeting
- Time: 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
- Location: Humphries Board Room, Bldg. 3, 2nd Floor, VA Campus
- All alumni and students welcome!
|2017 Black Tie/White Coat Gala|
|Date: ||Friday March 3rd|
|Location:||USC My Carolina Alumni Center|
900 Senate Street (at Lincoln Street), Columbia, SC 29201
- 6:00 — 6:30 p.m. — Class Reunions Cocktails/Registration
- 6:30 — 7:30 p.m. — Gala Registration/Cocktails
- 6:30 — 11:30 p.m. — Heavy hors d’oeuvres (catering by Southern Way); Dancing with entertainment by Liquid Pleasure
- 7:30 — 8:00 p.m. — Program
- 9:00 p.m. – Silent Auction bidding closes
The Black Tie/White Coat Gala was started in 2002 by fourth-year medical students at the School of Medicine with the hope of making a lasting contribution to both the School of Medicine and the Greater Columbia community. The event brings together alumni, students, faculty, friends, and colleagues from Columbia and around the country. A silent auction, heavy hors d’oeuvres and live music makes this a memorable occasion for a great cause!
This year, as in years past, 100% of the proceeds from the gala will support our two charities: the School of Medicine Alumni Scholarship Fund and The Free Medical Clinic in Columbia (over $700,000 raised since 2002).
This year’s Gala is proudly sponsored by the Class of 2017 and the Alumni Association. We hope to see you there!
Class of 2017
Class of 2017
Class Reunions Family Friendly BBQ(1982, 1987, 1992, 1997, 2002, 2007, 2012 & guests)
|Class Reunions Family Friendly BBQ |
|Date:||Saturday, March 4th|
|Location: ||The Zone @ Williams Brice Stadium|
- 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. – Tour of Williams Brice (arrive at 4:45 p.m. Tour will leave promptly at 5:00 p.m.)
- 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Registration and Social Hour
- 7:00 – 9:30 p.m. – Reunion Program
- BBQ, fixins, Beaufort stew and more! (catered by Hudson’s Classic Catering)
$35/young alumni, class of 2012
|Attire: ||Casual Attire|
|Hotel Reservations: |
Hilton Columbia Center, 803-744-7800
(ask for the group rate for USC SOM Alumni Weekend or USCM)
Other hotel options here.